Do you carry a Spiritually Transmitted Deception? Spiritually Transmitted Deceptions are lies or misbeliefs that hide your true identity in Christ; they are your “false self”, the flesh, and may go unnoticed.
Even though you are saved by God’s grace you may be believing and spreading Spiritually Transmitted Deceptions to others. Some of the signs that you may be a carrier are:
- You “should” everybody.
- You demand perfection of yourself and others.
- You want grace, but you won’t forgive others — from the heart.
- You’re in denial about your sin and your desperateness for a Savior. You leave a wake of hurt behind you for others to deal with.
- You believe a political party or some world system, if simply implemented correctly, could bring about peace in the world. Matt 10:34-38
- You get angry with the pastor and talk about it with others that he doesn’t “preach the hard stuff.”
- When “the hard stuff” is preached, you check out, think about someone who needs to hear it, or leave the church.
- You believe and spread the idea that the Christian can “progress” past the ways God ordained us to live in the Bible — that the first Church was culturally “unenlightened”.
- You could possibly lay your life down for Christ — but to be humiliated is too much to ask. After all, you shouldn’t be a doormat.
- You believe that homosexuals who have contracted AIDs are “getting what they deserve” — God is less tolerant of their sin and weaknesses than yours.
- You believe that God is in control, but not of your life.
- You believe that life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are our God-given rights.
- You believe the purpose of marriage is to make you happy.
- You’re focused on getting what you “deserve” in this life.
- You like to see others get what they “deserve”.
- You don’t really realize what you “deserve”.